Mobile phones are the ultimate device that helps process a wide range of activities, from browsing social media to shopping, gaining education, and managing business. Users process these activities via mobile applications. These apps are valuable tools that function as digital pathways, connecting businesses to target customers. The marketplace is, however, saturated with mobile apps, and to stay ahead of the competition, it has become more critical than ever for business leaders to optimize the user experience. It will enable the long-term longevity of the app through continual adaptation and improvement, allowing it to survive the disruptive changes.
If you intend to necessitate a more active approach towards boosting engagement and conversion rates via mobile apps, you should leverage deep linking. In the context of mobile, the process describes the action of delivering users to specific in-app content from their location. It helps send the mobile device users to relevant pages in the app. Deep linking is thus a value-based practice to funnel users deeper into your app. It uses Uniform Resource Locator or URL to link to specific pages or locations within a mobile app. You can leverage mobile app deep linking in several ways, through email, notifications, social media, SMS, and more, directing users to relevant content.
Companies increasingly realize the importance of mobile app deep linking to improve the user onboarding process, optimize UX, drive engagement, strategize marketing campaigns, and promote the app. It is also useful for re-engagement campaigns. Mobile marketers use deep links to create a seamless UX and accurately track a campaign’s performance. It reduces the probability of churn, increasing the likelihood of an installation by directing users to the desired location in a target app through a single click.
Why should you use Mobile App Deep Linking?
Mobile apps have a different structure than a web browser. Since web browsers have a similar structure, clicking a particular weblink easily directs you to the desired location. However, the structure of mobile apps tends to differ, making it difficult to interconnect multiple apps. This is where deep linking comes in. It provides interconnection opportunities between different mobile apps. Hence, marketers can easily direct customers within the app through clickable links. There are various advantages of app deep linking.
- Personalized user experience: The use of deep contextual links enable the app designers to know more about the users. Gathering data points about the links that users click, products they share, and links they share, among others, reveal insights about users’ interests. These data points help personalized offerings as per the user’s browsing interest. Moreover, based on where the new users have downloaded the app, the deep contextual links can helo onboard them in a personalized manner.
- Re-engage Users: Apps often consist of several inactive users. Deep linking helps direct inactive users to specific content or pages within your app, thus enabling you to convert them to active users. You can send push notifications that link to deep links to achieve this.
- Improve UX: The implementation of deep learning is highly user-centric. It helps them cut down on various steps through the integration of a single step powered by deep links. It enables must faster navigation, enabling better access to content. Deep linking helps reduce friction in the customer’s journeys. Seamless UX is an important criterion for boosting conversion rates. It opens up a whole new avenue of tight app integrations, thus helping to create unique user experiences.
- Bring more traffic: The use of deep links on social media profiles by marketers helps divert more traffic towards the app. They can insert it on different social media accounts, and once visitors click it, they can view the product within the app. Floating deep-linked URLs via emails or text messages results in more visits and app downloads.
- Increase App Discoverability: For any business, improving visibility is crucial to attract more leads and improve sales and revenue opportunities. Deep linking can help unlock this visibility. Search engines index deep links. Hence, optimizing app content using the right keywords improves your chances of acquiring higher ranks. It will help increase the number of users who can find your app through search engines.
- Boosts sales: Deep links direct users to special deals on products within your app. The personalization of experience helps in maximizing sales. You can trigger messages to inform users about deals on products they show interest in that become known via purchase history. Include the deep link in the messages to take users right to the product, with fewer steps required to make the actual purchase.
- Get Valuable Insights: Contextual deep linking allows you to gather good data points that can help you inform your future campaigns. It helps uncover which link can generate the most engagement or conversions. Deep links thus empower marketing and data teams to get a 360° view of clicks to installs and referrals. It will hence enable them to address gaps and leverage unique monetization opportunities. Deep linking can enable them to improve marketing results significantly and drive more revenue for a business.
Also read: Why Outsource BGA Re-balling?
These are various benefits of deep linking mobile apps. It presents a massive opportunity for businesses to improve their conversions and provide a smooth UX via the mobile app.