To set up a Wavlink Extender as an access point, you will need to connect the extender to your router via an Ethernet cable and log in to the extender’s web interface. Once logged in, look for the option to change the extender’s operating mode from “repeater” to “access point.” This will allow the extender to create its own network that other devices can connect to. You may also need to configure the extender’s IP address and DHCP settings to match those of your main router.
How to set up a Wavlink extender as an Access Point to improve Wi-Fi signal strength.
The method is as follows:
- Connect the Wavlink extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the extender and wait for it to turn on.
- Open a web browser and type in the default IP address for the extender, usually 192.168.10.1.
- Log in to the extender’s web interface using the default login credentials, usually admin/admin.
- Navigate to the “Wireless” or “Access Point” menu in the web interface.
- Select the “Access Point” option and configure the extender’s wireless settings as desired.
- Save the settings and reboot the extender.
- Connect to the new wireless network created by the extender and test the connection.
- If the connection is stable, the Wavlink extender is now set up.
Don’t worry if you get stuck or confused when setting up your Wavlink Extender; just call one of our experienced specialists, and they will help you sort things out.
Common issue that might face during the Wavlink Extender Setup
Some common issues that may be encountered during the setup of a Wavlink extender include:
- There is no internet access on your laptop or computer.
- Wavlink’s website is not functioning properly.
- The password isn’t working correctly.
- I can see the WiFi signal on my phone, but I can’t connect to it.
- The router device’s IP address does not automatically detect them.
Troubleshooting Wavlink Extender Access Point Configuration Issues
Wavlink Extender Access Point Setup troubleshooting may involve several steps to resolve common issues that may arise during the setup process.
- Check the power supply: Make sure that the extender is properly plugged into a power outlet and that the power indicator is lit.
- Check the network connection: Ensure that the extender is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable and that the network indicator is lit.
- Check the wireless settings: Make sure that the extender is using the same wireless network name (SSID) and password as the router.
- Check the IP address: Verify that the extender has been assigned an IP address and that it is within the same subnet as the router.
- Check for software updates: Check for any available firmware updates for the extender and install them if necessary.
- Reset the extender: If all else fails, try resetting the extender to its factory settings and reconfigure it.
- Check the distance: Ensure that the extender is placed within range of the router and that there are no physical obstructions between them.
- Check the devices: Make sure that the device you are trying to connect to the extender is compatible and that its wireless adapter is enabled.
- Contact the manufacturer: If you are still experiencing issues, contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
Don’t worry if you get stuck or confused when setting up your Wavlink Extender ; just call one of our experienced specialists, and they will help you sort things out.
How to Reset my Wavlink Extender?
Follow the given steps to factory Reset your Wavlink Extender
- Locate the reset button on your Wavlink extender. It is usually located on the back of the device, near the power input.
- Press and hold the reset button for 10-15 seconds. Release the button when the power light on the extender starts flashing.
- Wait for the extender to reboot and initialize. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the extender has finished rebooting, connect to the default wireless network using the password provided in the user manual or on the bottom of the extender.
- Open a web browser and go to the extender’s web interface by typing the default IP address (usually 192.168.10.1) into the address bar.
- Log in using the default username and password (usually “admin” and “admin”).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your extender and connect it to your existing wireless network.
- Once the setup is complete, your Wavlink extender should be reset and ready to use.