In today’s blog, we are going to learn how to choose Data Science Courses as well as how to learn data science from skilled professionals and master the art of it.
Nowadays, the adoption of data science and related technologies such as deep learning, machine learning, and artificial intelligence has aided organisations in meeting their data-driven goals.
A growing number of organisations and institutions are now turning to data science and artificial intelligence to solve business problems and can add value to their day-to-day operations.
Data science has evolved into the secret ingredient in the recipe for developing user-centric products and services. Because data scientists are the professionals who bring the expertise of a deeper understanding of data, the demand for such skilled data scientists, and thus the demand for data science courses, is increasing in every data-driven industry. Data Science is the in-depth examination of information flow from large amounts of data stored in an organisation’s repository. It combines math and statistics, data inference, algorithm development, specialised programming, analytics, AI, and even storytelling to solve complex analytical problems.
Eligibility for Data Science Courses
- It is necessary to have a working knowledge of math, statistics, programming, and other related skills in order to organise large data sets.
- As a data scientist, all you would need is to apply your knowledge to unlock existing data sets in order to generate solutions and address business challenges.
- To begin your career as a data scientist, you should pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as business information systems, computer science, information management, mathematics, or statistics.
- Students with advanced degrees in Data Analysis or Data Science are preferred by employers.
- Postgraduate qualifications in subjects such as Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Science and Analytics, and Big Data are among the most popular.
You should – if you want to be a data scientist
- Apply for an internship with any Data Science firm.
- Take any online data science course, as well as courses in statistics, programming languages, probability, linear algebra, and so on.
- Learn the fundamentals of Natural Language Processing, Information Extraction, Computer Vision, Bioinformatics, and Speech Processing, among other things.
- Investigate the fields of optimization, information theory, and decision theory.
- Get any professional data science certification you can get.
- Try database management, data analysis, or database design.
- Data science teams are made up of and consist of professionals from various fields such as physics, math, computer science, economics, statistics, information technology, and so on.
Who Should Pursue Certification in Data Science?
People who can benefit from taking a data science course online to advance their careers include:
- Software developers and analysts
- Computer experts
- Computer scientists
- Engineering consultants
- Mechanical engineers.
- Mechanical and electrical engineers
- Professionals in Data Management
- Project managers
- Professionals in analytics
- Software developers
What Skills Do I Require to Succeed in Data Science?
A rewarding career as a data scientist requires a balance of technical and non-technical skills. We have specifically mentioned those abilities here –
- Technical Knowledge
- Data science programming languages such as R, Java, SQL, and Python, among others, are required.
- Understanding of software such as Hadoop, Pig, Matlab, SAS, Spark, and Hive, among others.
- Working knowledge of Machine Learning
- Calculus, linear algebra, statistics, and probability theory are all required.
- Spark by Apache
- Capability to write code and manage large amounts of data
- Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and PowerBI
- Working knowledge of real-time data is required.
- Utilisation of automated tools
- Knime, RapidMiner, Trifacta, and Minitab
- Understanding of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra
- Understanding of open-source software
- Understanding of cloud computing
A data scientist’s job entails daily interactions with various teams as well as higher management, as well as communicating the right information in an easily viewable format. The following are some of the essential business skills that a data scientist must have in order to succeed.
- Analytical reasoning
- abilities to interpret
- Storytelling through images
- Communication abilities
- Problem-solving that is proactive
- Curiosity about the mind
- Business acumen
Top Data Science Training Providers
You can select these data science courses based on your preferred online learning platform.
- GreatLearning Courses on Data Science.
- Coursera’s Best Data Science Courses
- Udemy’s Best Data Science Courses
- Top edX Data Science courses
- Plural sight’s top Data Science courses
- Udacity’s Best Data Science Courses
- NPTEL’s Top Free Data Science Courses
Best Data Science Courses for Free
Choose the best free data science course from the most popular platforms. The majority of these courses are free to enrol in and complete, while others are free to audit but require a fee to receive certification.
- GreatLearning Courses on Data Science
- Udacity’s Data Analysis with R by Facebook
- edX’s Machine Learning for Data Science and Analytics
- Math Skills in Data Science
- Coursera’s Data Analysis and Presentation Skills: the PwC Approach Specialisation
- Coursera’s Data Science: Statistics and Machine Learning Specialisation
- Coursera’s Introduction to Statistics
- Coursera’s Data Management for Clinical Research
- edX’s Statistical Inference and Modeling for High-throughput Experiments
- Principles of Reproducible Data Science: Statistical and Computational Tools by edX
Popular Online Data Science Courses
The following are some of the most highly rated and popular data science courses available online. Hours of interactive videos, hands-on projects, quizzes, and assignments are included in these data science courses.
- IBM Coursera offers Data Science Fundamentals with Python and SQL Specialisation.
- IBM Data Science Methodology on Coursera
- Duke University’s Data Science Math Skills on Coursera
- Data Science: Machine Learning on edX from Harvard University Intro to Data Science on Udacity Data Science for Business Innovation on Coursera from EIT Digital
- Data Science: Linear Regression on edX by Harvard University Advanced Statistics for Data Science Specialisation on Coursera by Johns Hopkins University
India’s Top Data Science Courses
Some of the best universities collaborate with popular e-learning platforms to offer data science courses.Some of these classes are listed below:
- NPTEL by IIT Madras offers Data Science for Engineers.
- Postgraduate Certificate Program in Data Science and Machine Learning at IIT Roorkee
- IIT Madras Advanced Certification in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- IIT Madras Data Science for Engineers
- IIT Kharagpur’s Scalable Data Science
- IIT Bombay’s Python for Data Science
- IIT Kanpur’s Essentials of Data Science with R Software – 2: Sampling Theory and Linear Regression Analysis
Data Science Textbooks
These data science books will teach you both the fundamental and advanced concepts of data science.
- Peter Bruce and Andrew Bruce’s Practical Statistics for Data Scientists
- Andreas C. Müller and Sarah Guido’s Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists
- Wiley Publishing Data Science and Big Data Analytics
- David Spiegelhalter’s The Art of Statistics — How to Learn from Data
- Hadley Wickham and Garrett Grolemund’s R for Data Science: Import, Tidy, Transform, Visualise, and Model Data
- Wes McKinney’s Python for Data Analysis
- Jake VanderPlas’ Python Data Science Handbook
Top Data Science Companies and Recruiters in India
Data Scientists are in high demand in Finance, IT, Banking & Insurance, Sales & Marketing, Retail, Healthcare, and e-Commerce. However, other industries and government agencies are beginning to recognize that data science is the future. The following are some of the top companies in India that hire Data Scientists:
- Fractal Analytics by Deloitte
- Analytics by Rudder
According to an Accenture study, AI and Data Science applications can increase work productivity by 40% and allow people to make better use of their time. This demonstrates that the company not only increases its economic productivity but also enters an agile culture, which is an important issue in digital transformation.
While technology continues to make unprecedented advances at a rapid pace, digital transformation will only reach its full potential if we can harness the power of the data it generates. To solve this mystery, the best online data science courses in India 2022 listed above can assist you. Following extensive research, we have compiled a list of both paid and free courses suitable for beginners, intermediate learners, and professional data scientists.