You may have heard you can make your THC gummies at home. But is it possible? And if so, how hard is it to do? We’re going to dive into these questions and more in this article.
Let’s start with the basics: what are THC gummies? They’re edible that contain concentrated cannabis oil, which has been infused with other ingredients to create a candy or treat. When consumed, they can help relieve pain and anxiety while giving you an intense high.
The main ingredient in most THC gummies is cannabis oil, but many other things are also found inside them, such as sugar or fruit juice. There are variations on this recipe depending on where you live; some places use candies instead of treats like brownies or cookies!
You might be wondering why anyone would want to make their marijuana gummy snacks at home when there are already plenty of options for buying pre-made edibles from dispensaries and online stores. Well, for starters, it’s cheaper; making them yourself can save up to 70% compared with buying from retailers who sell pre-made ones at the total price (for example, $6 per pack vs. $8 per pack). Another reason might be that they taste better than store-bought ones (some people even say their homemade versions taste like natural fruit!).
Plus, some people find it easier than others because they don’t have access to those shops nearby or prefer not to interact with them due to the stigma surrounding marijuana usage/abuse/addiction. Also, another thing about cooking your edibles versus buying them premade is that the homemade ones tend not only to taste better but also smell better too. So now let me ask you something.
The first step to making cannabis gummies at home is to melt your weed butter. You can do this in a double boiler or microwave, but grass-fed organic butter is always best when making edibles.
If you’re using a microwave, heat on low for 30 seconds, stir and then heat for another 30 seconds until melted.
- Heat the water and sugar in a pot over medium heat until it boils, then reduce to a simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the gelatin to the pot, mix well, then add the corn syrup and mix again. If you want to add any flavoring or food coloring at this point (I recommend using natural flavors), do so now! Mix again, then pour into molds.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving!
Now for the hard part – let’s make them pretty!
- To start, use a toothpick to poke holes in the gummies. You need to do this for steam from your hot water bath to get inside them as they cook.
- Then add a bit of corn syrup to help bind the flavors together. This will make them stick more closely together so that when it bakes inside the oven, they won’t fall apart or crumble into pieces.
- Pour in the molds and place in your hot water bath at 225 degrees Fahrenheit (107 degrees Celsius) for 15 minutes.
Add a little bit of corn syrup to help bind the flavors together.
The next step is to add a little bit of corn syrup. You may not have heard of corn syrup before, but you’ve certainly eaten it before! Corn syrup is a sweetener that helps bind the flavors together, making them taste more like candy. It’s not as sweet as sugar, so you need less, but it will still help make your gummies delicious. Corn syrup is found in many foods and drinks and can be used as an ingredient in gummy candies or jellies.
Once you’ve measured and poured the mixture into a bowl, it’s time to pour it into the molds. It’s easier than you think! Just take a spoon, fill up each mold halfway with the sticky mixture, then slowly tip them onto their side to let the excess runoff. It helps if you start with smaller amounts first to get comfortable with this process without wasting too much material.
After pouring all your gummies into the molds, use another small spoon (such as a dental tool) to scrape out any remaining bits left in your bowl or measuring cup. This ensures that nothing goes to waste and ensures maximum efficiency!
Once the mixture has cooled to room temperature, spoon it into your molds, covering them entirely. Tap the mold against a hard surface to release any air bubbles that may be trapped within. Place the molds in the fridge for about 2 hours. If you need more time or want to make sure they set faster (for example, if you’re going on vacation), place them in the freezer overnight and then move them to an excellent spot like a garage or basement when they’re ready for consumption! This is a crucial step; if you skip this one out of impatience or haste, you will end up with gummy bears that are too soft and sticky to enjoy properly.
- Use a knife to separate the gummies from their molds.
- Use a spoon to scoop out each one.
- Use a toothpick to pick them out.
Now that you’ve learned how to make THC gummies, you can enjoy them in many ways. If you’re making a batch for yourself, try one or two and see how they affect your body. Then, if the effects seem right for what you want out of a high, go ahead and have another. You’ll find that this recipe takes quite a few more than usual before the THC starts kicking in (compared to smoking or vaping).
Here are some other safety tips for enjoying your homemade gummies:
- Share with friends who want an edible high but don’t like edibles (or smoke/vape) much! They may be surprised by how much better these taste than store-bought versions.
- Don’t eat too many at once—you’ll get tired quickly!
- Don’t drive after eating THC gummies; it’s easy to overdo it and then end up feeling very sleepy behind the wheel
You can make THC gummies at home pretty quickly. You can also use them for non-medicinal purposes. They’re easy to make and delicious! They’re also fun to make, and it’s always nice to have a few on hand when you want something sweet or an edible high that doesn’t take very long to kick in.