It takes five years to get a British passport. However, Tier 1 Investor Visa and the Sole Representative Visa are fast-track options to citizenship.
The Tier 1 Immigration Program in the United Kingdom provides an opportunity to enter one of the world’s top economies and most prominent financial and commercial hubs.
Through a range of citizenship by investment schemes, the UK investor visa was designed to attract investors, entrepreneurs, and other highly skilled persons who will promote business and prosperity in the UK.
On this page, we will provide you with all of the information and requirements for obtaining UK citizenship by investment and permanent residency or check residency by investment services.
- A Quick Overview of the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is a collection of islands on Europe’s northwest coast, including England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. As a constitutional monarchy rooted in history, the United Kingdom has wielded considerable political, economic, and cultural power worldwide.
Living in the United Kingdom provides a one-of-a-kind blend of the bustling modern metropolis, charming little towns, stunning countryside, amazing natural landscapes, and several notable historic buildings.
The home of modern-day icons such as the Beatles and Wimbledon, the United Kingdom has a rich past that can be found in its cathedrals, castles, Roman baths, Stonehenge, and ancient mediaeval cities. The United Kingdom is a cultural sanctuary, with pubs, museums, world-class eating, shopping, and thriving theatre culture.
how to get PR in the UK by investment
Investor Visa Tier 1
The UK Tier 1 Investor Visa is one of the quickest and safest methods to gain UK residency; you may be accepted in as little as ten weeks!
A minimum investment of £2,000,000 in British corporate bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK-registered enterprises is required for the UK Investor Visa.
It’s a great choice for individuals who want to invest in the UK while also obtaining British citizenship.
You can do the following with the Tier 1 Investor Visa:
- Work, study, or pursue a career in the UK
- It’s possible to apply for ILR after two years if you invest £10,000,000
- If you invest £5 million, you can apply for ILR after three years.
- If you invest the requisite £2 million, you can apply for ILR after 5 years.
You’re not allowed to:
- Invest (directly) in businesses principally engaged in real estate investment, management, or development.
- Invest in offshore businesses.
- Take use of public money.
The UK business visa allows you to stay in the country for up to three years and four months. Once this period has passed, you can request to renew your visa for another two years. After five years in the UK, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) and citizenship one year later.
The next section goes into further depth about the requirements for obtaining UK citizenship through investment.
Conditions for obtaining British citizenship
- Qualifications and Terms
Additionally, you must meet some other criteria before you may apply for the UK Tier 1 Visa Program and earn permanent residence and British citizenship via investment.
Investors should be:
- 18 years old
- From countries other than the European Union and Switzerland
- Willing to invest £2,000,000 or more in active and trading UK-registered firms through corporate bonds, share capital, or loan capital.
- Capable of proving that the investment money belongs to you or your spouse/partner.
- Have a bank account in the United Kingdom
- Economic self-sufficiency
- The investment funds must be kept in at least one recognised financial institution (which can be located outside of the UK) and be available for use in the UK.
- You may submit a joint application with members of your family (spouse, civil partner, and children under the age of 18).
If you’re currently in the UK and fall into one of the following categories, you’re also eligible for financial assistance.
- Holder of a Tier 4 visa (Student visa)
- Studying, composing a thesis, or retaking an exam
- Nursing student
- Postgraduate physician or dentist
- certified overseas nurse or midwife
- Officer on sabbatical for students
If your academic fees and living costs were paid for by either a government or an international scholarship organisation, you must produce unconditional permission in writing from your financial sponsor to re-enter or stay in the UK.
How to Apply for a Tier 1 Investor Visa in the United Kingdom
The Tier 1 Investor Visa application procedure is extensive yet quick. Applications for Tier 1 Investors are the fastest and easiest to complete. The following are the UK citizenship requirements:
Important application information:
- It costs £1,623 to apply.
- You’ll have to pay a healthcare premium when you apply.
- You must have your fingerprints and photo taken at a visa application facility to obtain a biometric residency permit. You must get this permission within ten days of your intended arrival in the UK.
- Forms can be filed online or by mail up to three months before travel to the United Kingdom.
- The application processing time is about three weeks.
- UK entrepreneur visas are typically issued eight weeks after approval or sooner if the accelerated procedure is used.
- You’ll need a blank page (on both sides) in your passport for your visa.
- Documents must be in either English or Welsh.
To obtain British citizenship and residence, what papers must I submit?
- It is necessary to have a valid passport or another travel document
- Certificates of Birth, Marriage, and Adoption, etc. (if applicable)
- A set of recent passport-sized images
- Results from your TB test (if applicable)
- A criminal record from any country you’ve lived in for at least a year in the past ten years.
- Evidence of the necessary investment money and their origin (check below section for details)
You will require a certified translation for papers not in English or Welsh. Depending on your situation, you may be obligated to provide extra documentation.
Evidence of investment funds:
If you’re investing your own money, you should be able to demonstrate:
- How much money you have and where it is stored
- If you haven’t had the money for at least three months, explain where it came from, so if the money isn’t already in the UK, it can be transferred there and converted to UK currency.
If you use your partner’s money, you must provide:
- If you are single or in an identical relationship, you must have a certificate of marriage or civil partnership or proof that you have been in a long-term relationship for at least two years.
- A confirmation from your partner confirming your authority to handle the money in the UK.
- A letter from a legal counsel confirming the validity of your partner’s statement
So this was all about getting permanent residency in the UK by an Investment program. We hope that we have delivered everything that was needed to know. But if you any queries, ask them in the comment section. Cheers.