Credit card and debit cards look nearly identical, with 16-digit card numbers, expiration dates, magnetic strips, and EMV chips. With one exception, both may make spending straightforward and convenient. Debit cards allow you to spend money by allowing you to withdraw money from your bank account. Credit cards allow you to borrow money from the card company up to a certain amount. One of the most popular misunderstandings regarding credit cards is that they take a long time to be authorised; nevertheless, banks now provide Instant Credit Card Approval to clients. When choosing a credit card for overseas travel, look for the one with the lowest foreign currency transaction cost. Avoiding cash payments, especially after the COVID-19 spree, is a headache, but it is now achievable by applying for an international credit card. However, it is advisable to check your CIBIL score before applying for any kind of loan or credit card.
List of Credit Cards
There are several credit cards available that provide varied benefits to international travellers. Here are the top five such credit cards:
1. CITI PREMIERMILES Credit Card
Citibank provides a terrific choice for travellers by providing complimentary plane ticket packages from over 100 airlines. With an annual cost of INR 3000, regular travellers may earn air miles by making transactions with their credit cards and then redeem the points for future travel. For this card, Citibank charges a 3.5 percent foreign currency fee, and the monthly interest rate ranges from 3.10 percent to 3.75 percent. The late payment penalty is INR 100 per month. The points can also be used to cover the cost of car rentals and hotel stays. The following are some of the characteristics of this credit card:
- Get 10,000 bonus miles after making your first INR 1,000 purchase within the first 60 days of receiving your card.
- You get 3,000 bonus miles, when you renew your account.
- You can track your reward points 24 x 7.
- Get free air accident insurance for up to Rs. 1 crore.
- Gain access to airport lounges around the country.
2. HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card
If you want a card that gives you rewards when you dine out, travel, or spend money on entertainment in other countries, the HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is a perfect option. This card costs INR 2500 per year from HDFC. Some of its advantages include:
- If you spend INR 5 lakh in a year, you’ll be rewarded with 10,000 reward points.
- 5000 reward points, if you spend INR 8 lakh annually.
- 12 complimentary lounge access per year at both domestic and international terminals within India.
- One-year Zomato Gold Membership
3. Axis Bank Miles & More World Credit Card
The Axis Bank Miles & More World Credit Card offers limitless miles on qualifying transactions, making it an ideal alternative for frequent travellers. Cardholders must pay a membership cost of INR 3500 and an annual charge of INR 3500 to access a number of advantages, including:
- When you dine at partner restaurants, you’ll get a minimum of 15% off.
- During your first year of travel, you may earn up to 55,000 miles.
- Access to the Priority Pass Lounge
4. Yatra SBI Credit Card
The Yatra SBI Credit Card offers some excellent travel discounts. The perks of the card aren’t limited to travel; it also provides reward points for shopping, among other things. The card includes a signup charge of INR 499 as well as an annual cost of INR 499.
Some of its advantages include:
- Receive two coupons with every domestic travel of INR 500 each.
- Receive two coupons with foreign travel worth INR 1000 each.
- When you book hotel stays with the card, you’ll get an INR 750 voucher.
- When you use the card on Yatra.com, grocery shops, and department stores, you’ll get 6x reward points.
- Get access to MasterCard’s premium airport lounges all over the country.
5. ICICI Bank InterMiles Coral Credit Card
ICICI Bank provides a number of foreign travel cards, with the InterMiles Coral Credit Card being the entry-level credit card, with an annual cost of INR 1250. This card provides 2,500 additional InterMiles after paying the registration charge within 45 days. You may earn InterMiles on every transaction you make, in addition to registering and renewing your card annually.
The other benefits that come along with this card are as follows:
- For every INR 100 spent on the card, you can earn up to 7.5 InterMiles.
- Access to the airport lounge is complimentary.
There are a lot of credit card lenders on the market today that feature a quick and easy process to apply for a credit card, making you think twice about planning your next overseas trip without a credit card. Moreover, it is advisable to make a CIBIL score login in order to keep a regular check of your credit score to avoid any unfortunate rejections on your credit card application.