What business would need an attendance management software system for its employees? Apart from the high absenteeism costs, attendance management software can be justified for two simple reasons.
- It helps you diagnose pain in attendance management before it becomes a problem.
- It prevents employees’ burnout.
What is attendance management?
An organization uses the attendance management procedure to calculate employees’ working hours and time away from work.
Employers can use attendance management to track the hours an employee worked and the time they took off.
Automated attendance management systems are available to simplify the complex task of employee attendance tracking.
Technological advancement has led to the automation of workforce management, including attendance management. This includes work time calculation and work time.
Important of Attendance Management
Digitalization of attendance management is risky for companies that do not embrace it.
The deployment of attendance management systems seems equally important for HR departments, managers, companies and employees.
Implementing attendance management software offers many opportunities for workforce management. Attendance monitoring software can prevent poor attendance and provide attendance tracking data.
- Analysis of employee performance.
- Transparency in payroll.
- Recognizing areas for business improvement.
- Develop promotion policies that are backed up by specific metrics.
- Remote work setup and maintenance of a seamless workflow for onsite and remote hybrid teams.
Ways to set up an attendance management
There are many ways to set up attendance management. Businesses are an example of this:
- Biometric Systems: These systems record employees’ presence using biometric data (fingerprints and face recognition, etc.). These systems can be combined with Google sheets attendance tracker to process the stored data.
- Proximity cards and badges are used to indicate employees’ presence on-premises.
- Manual timekeeping system: These systems are presented with timesheets and spreadsheets (for example, using different employee attendance tracker Excel templates).
- The time clock system allows for the clock in/out monitoring and further data transfer to attendance tracking spreadsheets.
- Attendance management software with time tracking. It is used by advanced time tracking software, which have a complete suite of attendance management functions.
We don’t have to deal with tedious timesheet reviews or payroll errors caused by manual timekeeping systems.
Although the benefits of spreadsheets and manual timekeeping seem time-tested, they cannot compete with advanced attendance management software that includes a function for an attendance tracker app within attendance systems.
Let’s now look at what makes online attendance trackers so useful and what features are required by the most effective attendance management systems.
Benefits of Time and attendance management
Web-based attendance management systems can be used to compare actual and budgeted hours. This helps reduce labour costs and eliminate overtime.
Reduce the risk of human error
The online attendance management system has clock-in/clock-out capabilities that HR can use to manage attendance. This will allow them to keep track of employee logins and logouts, prevent buddy punches, and minimize human-induced errors.
With precision, HR managers can allocate their time
Many businesses hire attendance managers to monitor employee attendance and control their productivity. They are responsible for providing payroll data and ensuring compliance.
Attendance managers must cooperate closely with other HR professionals to fulfil this long list of obligations. Manual-based systems could fail to meet expectations and not be able to help busy HR managers, as these terms indicate.
Productivity improvement in the business
Businesses will achieve the best employee productivity and performance if they have a well-organized attendance management system. Employers and employees can establish trust and easily reach their goals by using automation tools to communicate attendance policies.
Facilitation of the Payroll Process
An efficient attendance management system reduces human error and streamlines payroll processing, ensuring that every paycheck is issued accurately.
Respecting all requirements
Inaccurate records can lead to overtime payments that could be very costly. It could also lead to a violation of labour laws and expensive legal fees or fines.
Employers are required to keep track of attendance and pay employees for extra hours worked. This process can be simplified and streamlined by payroll-integrated attendance management software.
Accurate time billing
Automating attendance monitoring also provides an error-free method for billing employees. It allows them to track their billable hours and real-time access to their online timesheets.
Reports can be visualized with time metrics
The attendance tracking data can be incorporated in various reports on activity, work time, time off and task summaries to provide valuable information about employees’ time and performance indicators.
This means that HR managers can approve and develop corporate vacation policies based on specific metrics, including holiday compensation policies, overtime policies, promotion policies, etc.